I have never been a morning person. Before moving to Canada, I would stay up all night either watching movies, talking to friends or studying. I always preferred night over day. But being productive starts with the morning. Nowadays, it’s my 1- year-old daughter who wakes us up with her cuteness and adorable baby talks. Without moving a muscle, I would just lay there hoping she will miraculously go back to sleep. Well, eventually I give in & get up. I guess all mothers go through this and these days I feel so tired so I am trying to incorporate sleeping early. *fingers crossed*
I still have to find that one person who says they love getting up in the morning. Shockingly there are ways to make mornings better. I had my doubts as well but I came up with 7 ways to improve your mornings. Hope it helps.
- Start your morning the night before: For your crisp morning, you have to work at it the night before. Start with gradual changes. Try to sleep an hour early from your routine time and this way you will be shifting your biological clock. Mostly, tiredness in the early morning is due to less sleep. If we somehow try to get enough hours of sleep at night, in dark. Our bodies won’t be that tired. Also, lack of sleep has too many side effects & this is something we care less about. Sleeping enough hours should be a priority. Just like our phones & laptops need some time to charge, similarly, our mind & body also needs some time to reset and recharge. Also, remember to prepare clothes and accessories a night before. Our nights are usually me putting Zahra to sleep and then trying to finish off the remaining work from the day. sigh
- Disconnect Technology: Your phone shouldn’t be the last thing you see at night or the first thing when you get up. Disconnect from it. Read a book to unwind. It will have a huge difference. In the morning, you want to avoid the phone because that email, message or call can wait till you get back to work or at least till you have your breakfast. I miss the days when we had newspapers and we would flip through the pages. I am so guilty of this. But I am trying to put my cell phone in the drawer so I don’t access it right away in the morning.
- Cuddling With Kids: This one is a must for me. My cute little daughter would wake us up with her giggles. She is just adorable in the morning. Would shower us with kisses and hugs. Cuddling with kids is a destresser. You can also cuddle with your pet. Before having a baby, I use to cuddle with my adorable cat Simba, who recently passed away.
You can also check my blog on how to cope with pet loss http://mylifescanvas.com/how-to-cope-with-pet-loss/
- Stretch/Light Workout: Getting up and doing some sort of light exercise is beneficial. It will stimulate the muscles and pump up blood. If you can go for a run, that would just be perfect. The fresh clean air will raise energy levels. The benefits of exercise are no secret.
- Make Your Bed: Making your bed gives a relaxing and calming feeling. A clean bed gives an impression of a clean room and less clutter. These little habits can help you sleep calmer. Fixing the bed takes not even a minute. Try opening the curtains as well, let the sunlight pour in.
- Time for inspiration: Reading something inspirational in the morning, is a mood booster. Inspirational & motivation quotes give us hope about life. It can be a nice book, that you can read. It could be anything that motivates you. Don’t forget to be thankful for a beautiful l life, your family, career, food on the table, or just anything. There is always something to be thankful for.
- Waking up to the Smell of Coffee: Get the best coffee out there. Get your Keurig machine.Brew the best coffee. For me, it has to be Tim Hortons or Starbucks. The smell of coffee just soothes my senses. Take at least five minutes and drink your coffee in peace. For God’s sake, enjoy that coffee without any distractions.With these helpful tips forget your morning mantra- Just give me more minutes to sleep.
Stop hitting the snooze button & embrace that glorious day!! Don’t forget to pin it. 🙂