Negativity is a part of our life. It’s everywhere. Negativity sucks the life out of life. It’s so important to stay positive & hoping that things work out the way we have imagined. Have you noticed when you are with someone who has a negative energy/aura, your whole day is ruined? Honestly, I can’t stand it. I try my best to get out of that situation, one way or another. Negativity is natural. We can only hope for a world full of positive people. Because negativity exists, we know the value of being positive. We can surely learn to deal with negativity in life.
“The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people.”
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today I want to share with you 7 ways to deal with negativity in life:
- Attitude: The first tip is regarding attitude. Attitude matters a lot.In day to day dealings, our attitude is what comes first. The only way to deal with negativity is to have a positive attitude. There is always something positive in every situation & in every person. It’s just a way of looking at it. When you are stuck in a negative situation, ask yourself, is this situation going to matter a year from now? Don’t lose your sanity over it.
- Like Attract Like: As bitter as this sounds, it’s true. Have you seen the documentary “The Secret”? In that documentary, they emphasized on how positivity attracts positivity. It’s your thoughts that control the universe. There are people who have actually tried it & got results. If you complain or have a negative attitude towards certain things in life, then there is a high probability of you attracting similar stuff.
- Avoid Overthinking: By overthinking we create problems that don’t even exist. Don’t take your thoughts too seriously. Always give your thoughts a second chance. Try looking at the positive aspect even in negative situations. Remember the saying, the glass is half full or half empty, well just be happy that you have a glass.
- Give a Damn: I can’t care less for the people in my life, who just have negative things to say. It just shows that they are not your well-wishers. They are just some people who like to talk, either behind your back or in front. Today they are talking about you, tomorrow they will be talking about someone else. Don’t give them importance & let your brain stay free from their negative personality.
- Be Thankful: Being Content is such a blessing. It doesn’t let any problems to occur. Just by knowing what we have is enough for us & being thankful. Always remember that so many people live a very tough life. They have to do so much just for ends to meet. They have to suffer even for basic needs. We are certainly blessed that we have a roof over our head, bread to eat, clean water to drink and comfort of a bed.
- Detach yourself: Detach yourself from the negativity around you. Remain calm and you don’t have to react to everything negative. The negative person is spitting out their frustration and unhappiness. You have to protect yourself from it. They do this to trigger a response. By responding, you will get stuck in the negativity loop.
- Being Down is Okay: It’s okay to have some down days. Just because you are down sometimes, doesn’t mean you are being negative or you are depressed. Life cannot be delightful all the time. There will be ups and downs. Whatever that goes up, has to come down. Neither a good day nor a bad day defines your life.
If you can remove the source of drama and negativity in your life, that would be great. Sometimes we are not this lucky. That is the time when we need to sharpen our skills. Be more involved & train our brain to think positive.
Think positive & stay optimistic !